Things I've Done on This Memorial Day Weekend (so far)
First and foremost, this is Memorial Day, not National BBQ/Vacation/Beach Day. Although those are fun, let's not forget the true meaning.
- •Was my son's sous chef as he made Swedish Kladdkaka, which is essentially a fudgey brownie.
- •Ate said Kladdkaka later in the day. Awesome!
- •Spent significant time trying to figure out if I have a cold, allergies, or a combo.Because I feel gross and there is ia green cloud of pollen outside yet I have a weird cough too.
- •Spent a significant amount of time wondering if I'm having side effects from a new anxiety medication or having menopausal symptoms.Because of course, they are similar.
- •Had a crappy night's sleep.
- •Had a three hour nap to make up for crappy night's sleep.
- •Had some crazy-ass dreams.These include one about the people I babysit for (included a lot of baby shit, which is symbolic of my situation with them) and one about Jason Sudeikis, who I may now have a "thing" for. Thank you subconscious!
- •Went to my Mom's for boiled hot dogs, chicken kabobs, fresh baked strawberry pie, and afore mentioned Kladdkaka. All in the comfort of a dining room.
- •Looked around Mom's house and realizing if she sold it to us, it would take an overwhelming amount of work to make it the way I wanted it.Also, money. That we don't have. It made me sad.
- •Try out Lady Dynamite.Not sure about it yet.
- •Watch my husband binge watch The Americans.I catch it here and there. Not sure about this one either.
- •Try to make a delicious gluten free, vegan pumpkin pancake......that ended up in the garbage.
- •Made a gluten free, vegan pumpkin oven pancake that I will choke down regardless.I will NOT be outdone by batter!
- •Read and interact with the folks on li.st
- •Write this list.