Already on li.st? Open in app.
No ranking, just great quotes.
- •"I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen."Lloyd Dobler - Say Anything
- •"What do you mean he don't eat no meat?"My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- •"Wait a minute. Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"Marty McFly - Back To The Future
- •🎸😢While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- •👩🏻☁️☁️☁️💍💍💍Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- •👶💰💰💰👨🏼Baby You're a Rich Man
ATTENTION: SPOILERS!!! STOP READING NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SHOW YET. http://elitedai.ly/1S6uc9c via EliteDaily
- 1.Aquarius (January 20 – February 18) - Aquarius bingers are highly intelligent. By episode three, they’ll have the whole season figured out. The machinations of the Manitowoc Police and the prosecution begin to offend this intelligence almost immediately.Bobby Dassey’s sensational testimony about being asked to move Teresa Halbach’s body? An Aquarius DOES NOT HAVE TIME for this amateur bullsh*t. After being given the runaround for four more episodes, Aquarius viewers will become detached and depressed. What’s the point, after all? Steven Avery is f*cked. America is f*cked. Human beings as a whole are completely f*cked.
- 2.Pisces (February 19 – March 20) Pisces are super empathetic, so “Making a Murderer” hits them in every little inch of their bleeding hearts. Their best bet for surviving the series is watching with a Virgo, whose tranquility will balance a Pisces’ intense internalization of every single episode.The moment Steven’s mom, Dolores Avery, reads hate mail aloud? Sobbing. The moment it’s apparent Teresa’s key was planted in Steven’s room by cops? Sobbing. The gloomy opening credits? Sobbing. Every. Time. Pisces are also worriers, meaning the paranoia of being falsely accused of murder will haunt them long after they’ve finished episode 10.
- 3.Aries (March 21 – April 19) The stamina of an Aries is freaking unparalleled to the point of tunnel vision. They will most likely watch the entire season in one night.When Netflix asks, “Are you still watching?” an Aries will laugh for a full five minutes (thanks, sleep deprivation) before clicking “Continue” and quietly mumbling, “Bring it on, lil bitch,” to literally no one. Plenty of hot-tempered Aries will also have no qualms about crafting mean tweets regarding Eugene Kusche’s droopy pelican gullet.
Ranked in no particular order these are quotes from some of my favorite books.
- •Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - "To him she seemed so beautiful, so seductive, so different from ordinary people that he could not understand why no one was as disturbed as he by the clicking of her heels on the paving stones (...)(...) why no one else's heart was wild with the breeze stirred by the sighs of her veils, why everyone did not go mad with the movements of her braid, the flight of her hands, the gold of her laughter. He had not missed a single one of her gestures, not one of the indications of her character, but he did not dare approach her for fear of destroying the spell."
- •The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones by Neil Gaiman"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
- •The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones by Neil Gaiman - "Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor so that nothing can hurt you (...)(..)then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages."
I wanted to post this list on Back to the Future Day but I was out shooting a field piece all day and got home too tired to do anything else. About a year ago, boyfriend and I sat down, watched all 3 Back to the Future movies and took notes to find out how many days Marty spent frolicking in the space time continuum. Here's what we found:
- •BTTF 1 - MARTY TRAVELS TO 1955
- •BTTF 1 - MARTY SPENDS 1 WEEK AND 1 DAY IN 1955
- •BTTF 1 - MARTY RETURNS TO 1985
A compilation made of my own and the internet's misheard lyrics
- 1.Swim in a deep sea of baconFrom @john wettest song "Your Body is a Wonderland." This one came out of me, many years ago when I was still a freshman in the English language. The lyric goes "Swim in a deep sea of blankets." I think it's justifiable to interchange the last word do fit the mood you're in, amirite?
- 2.Standing on Obama's porch, you told me that you'd wait forever...From Bryan Adams "Summer of '69" this gem belongs to my boyfriend who does not and will not sing it in the correct form. "Standing on your mama's porch, you told me that you'd wait forever"
- 3.Hold me closer Tony Danza...You can't blame Phoebe Buffay for longing to tightly hug the boss man. From Elton John's "Tiny Dancer"