Another amazing interactive installation at Desert X, the Coachella of Art
Desert X is basically an incredible art scavenger hunt, but "Coachella" seemed like good shorthand for a bunch of talented artists doing cool stuff in the desert. The 16 installations draw inspiration from the arid desert landscape and will only be on display for a limited amount of time.
- •This morning I stopped by Hollow Earth by Glenn Kaino. This might be my favorite Desert X installation yet.
- •At first it appeared to be a "Breaking Bad" situation.
- •The shed is locked. You have to text "hollowearth" to a number in order to receive the code.
- •Inside is a hallway.
- •Turn the corner and you see a hole with a pane of glass across the top.
- •But press a button on the wall and ...
- •My son was scared.
- •He felt around with his foot.
- •Tested it out.
- •And then made himself at home.
- •I literally had to carry him away.
- •I'm into it too.