10 BEST SOUTHERN FOODS, RANKED
I am definitely 100% qualified to make this list because I live in the South. So here's the best of our cuisine.
- •10. Macaroni and CheeseI'm not talking about Kraft or Velveeta. Im talking about cheesy ooey goodness with bacon and bread crumbs. They way mom makes it, not store bought. My mouth waters just thinking about it.
- •9. Pecan PiePersonally, I'm not a huge fan of this but it is definitely a very popular dish.
- •8. GritsShrimp and grits. cheesy grits, brown sugar and cinnamon grits, you can eat them a hundred different ways, and each is just as good as the other.
- •7. Peach Cobblerneed I say more?
- •6. Hush PuppiesSo good with fried catfish
- •5. Sweet Potato PieI LOVE SWEET POTATO PIE WITH MARSHMALLOW CREME😍
- •4. BiscuitsThe epitome of comfort food. Warm biscuits with homemade strawberry jelly or hot creamy gravy
- •3.BarbequeApparently this is referred to as "pulled pork" outside of the South. A big pork shoulder sitting in a smoker for 14 hours seasoned to perfection, ah I'm drooling.
- •2. CornbreadCornbread is literally a staple. Cooked in a cast iron skillet with melted butter on it, it can literally go with any meal.
- •1. Fried chickenNo better way to eat chicken.