Reasons I Love to Go Camping
My boyfriend and I go camping every chance we get. When I talk about "no people", he's still there. Somewhere.
- •Number one reason: No People.I like solitude.
- •Rocks have a quiet language.They may be quiet, but I love their language. Rockhounding is one of my favorite pastimes.
- •The beauty of the environmentMountains, deserts, valleys, streams, lakes, canyons: each has its own allure.
- •Day-to-day responsibilities are gone.Of course, they are not gone....but they are pushed away while we're away.
- •I love to sleep outdoors.Absolutely. Love. It.
- •Shooting stars are a blast to see!See: "sleep outdoors" above.
- •I feel free.Free from cramped city life. Free from day-to-day worries. Free from social constraints.
- •The photography opportunities are boundless.About the only thing I canNOT take a picture of is crowds of people.
- •Even my phobias seem inconsequential.On this last trip, I even went into a cave by myself. Normally, I am afraid of the dark, claustrophobic, and afraid to do things on my own. In the wild, I feel invincible.