THOUGHTS I HAD WHILE SEEING THE "OH, HELLO" SHOW
Tonight I had the honor of watching George St. Geegland and Gil Faizon perform their two-man show, "Oh, Hello" in Boston. I was besieged by the following thoughts...
- •Pretty sure I'm the only person seeing this alone. It's not that I have no friends okay, it's just no one else is cool enough for ~edgy~ comedy like me.
- •The woman in front of me has a shady-looking unopened text message that she won't read in front of her fiancée (I peeped the ring). How do I know it's suspicious? She doesn't have the number saved.
- •No one has claimed the seat next to me. Both relieved and uneasy. It's increasingly obvious I am here alone.
- •This play is one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed, and I've seen a homeless woman get into a fight with a newspaper stand and knock it over.
- •^^^That's a true story, it happened in DC. Ask Colleen, Mike or Greg.
- •I'm now in the presence of Nick Kroll and John Mulaney. I could not have a bigger Cheshire grin nor be silently freaking out any more.
- •I should be on stage with them.
- •OKAY THEY JUST PULLED AN AUDIENCE MEMBER UP ON STAGE AND PRAHNKED HER WITH TOO MUCH TUNA. THIS REALLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME.
- •Feeling robbed of a potential career in comedy.
- •Why is that woman and her fiancée kissing so much during the show? This lady is clearly comfortable duping her significant other while that unanswered text message burns a hole in her pocket.
- •They gave a shoutout to the Ronkonkoma LIRR line. Feeling #relevant.
- •How much of this is improv and how much is scripted? Since I cannot tell, I know I'm watching masters at work. Wowee.
- •I feel guilty for saying I didn't like Nick Kroll's comedy. I was fooling myself, I'm a true Krollite now. My apologies, @nick.
- •And just like that, a glorious performance is over. Feeling #blessed, #exhilarated, and #happy that for 2 hours, it was basically like me, Nick, and John were hanging out.
- •@NickKroll, @JohnMulaney, if you're looking for activities during your time in Boston, feel free to hit me up, I'm happy to show you around.
- •Was that text message ever read and if so, what did it say?!