RECIPE FOR EMOTIONAL RESET - WHITE GIRL IN BROOKLYN EDITION
There are other ways but this was today's methodology. Only works in the Spring.
- •Leave the damn house.Hardest. Most important step.
- •Walk with purpose in the sunshine.At least 1 mile. More if possible.
- •Listen to Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" at a volume it hasn't been played at since 1997Violently lip sync along as you do this. Don't care who sees you. Follow up with similar treatment to choice selections from Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill.
- •Lay in Prospect Park.Preferably with your sister. Or mine if you don't have one. @yrfriendrachel
- •BBQ in the backyard of a friend.They will soon be priced out of their apartment so take advantage while you can.