HARRY POTTER BOOKS, RANKED
Ranking 7 books that are 💯 is hard, but here goes (as requested). This is by how much fun they are to read once you are already a fan, otherwise I'd rank them in order because watching the stories unfold is a beautiful, beautiful thing. #1 = best, and so on.
- 1.Harry Potter and the Deathly HallowsWe all laughed, we all cried. It brings everything together. It's a work of art. The battle of Hogwarts should be explanation enough. It's easier to say I don't see how this can't be #1 on this list than explain all the reasons it definitely should be.
- 2.Harry Potter and the Prisoner of AzkabanI freaking love the part when Harry gets to live at the Leaky Cauldron and explore Diagon Alley. Harry learning the Patronus charm and beating Malfoy in quidditch = 💯, Lupin as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, meeting Sirius, saving buckbeak, the list goes on. I will say I always skip the part where Snape fucks things up in the Shrieking Shack and Lupin becomes a werewolf. It's fun to imagine a world where Sirius is free and happy.
- 3.Harry Potter and the Half Blood PrinceJust great. slughorn weaving his web of connections, Snape finally getting to teach Defense Against the a dark Arts, Ginny and Harry 😍, brb I'm going to read this one again right now...
- 4.Harry Potter and the Goblet of FireThe World Cup is so fun. The tournament is so fun. Sure, Voldy's plan to get Harry is a little over the top (couldn't Moody aka Crouch have just made a portkey after class some day?) buttt overall it's a just a fun one to read. Plus I love that they start to get insanely long and involved starting with this book. 👍👍 👍
- 5.Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's StoneSo fun and sweet. Mad props for introducing us muggles to this magical world.
- 6.Harry Potter and Chamber of SecretsThe flying car mishap thing gives me anxiety. And Lockhart grinds my gears. He doesn't teach them anything DONT WASTE MY TIME AT HOGWARTS, FOOL! Still, I love it.
- 7.Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix1) SO MUCH GD TEEN ANGST! Cool it, Harry! 2) Umbridge - great character, but what a friggin asshole 3) Sirius (spoiler alert if you are stuck in 2003 - HE DIES AND ITS KIND OF FOR NOTHING AND IT COMPLETELY SUCKS) 4) Sirius being all moody and sad, especially in the chapters after Christmas 5) Dumbledore avoiding Harry - I get so frustrated!!!!! However, I will say I am currently reading this on my kindle again sooooo it's not like I'm not into it.