TIDBITS ABOUT MY GRANDMOTHER IN HONOR OF HER 103RD BIRTHDAY
Fabulous Mimi Duplain turns 103 on Tuesday
- •Once she put my sisters iPod mini in the freezer because she thought it was Omaha steaks
- •She met Frank Sinatra at the Copacabana and said "you are much better looking in movies than in person"WHY MIMI! Why!!
- •She likes to greet and say goodbye to people by having them kiss her hand#baller
- •She thought Lord of the Rings was hilarious and was cracking up the whole movieApparently she doesn't take orcs seriously. This was very embarrassing for 8th grade me in the theater.
- •She really hated the movie Mama Mia"Elderly ladies should not be subjecting themselves to those outfits"
- •She FREAKING LOVES butter. and ice cream and cake and cheese. She often tells people she "used to teach nutrition" so this is all ok.Seems to be working for her though!
- •She went to college way before it was trendy - 1934!!She also got a grad degree - she's a Master of Education too :)
- •She likes to give dating adviceAbout my boyfriend of 8 years "why don't you see if some of his friends will take you out on dates too?"
- •She likes to brag about being a heartbreakerShe was writing to like ten guys during the war and has turned down many marriage proposals
- •And she's pretty much just the definition of fabulous! Happy birthday Mimi.