OBSERVATIONS FROM THE APPLE STORE
Field notes while waiting 1h for my wife to fix her phone
- •Homeless hangoutWho needs the public library? They have free internet and fast computers right here, no card needed. 1 sketchy browser per 10 legit shoppers.
- •DirtyDo you have any idea how many people touched that phone before you? You don't, trust me.
- •Playground!Children roam free while products stay just out of arms reach thanks to the counter heights. Clever Apple, clever.
- •PolarizingPeople either love it here (yay! new gadget!) or hate it (fucking broken thing I can't live without!). It's polarizing.
- •Old people are technologically ineptOne poor man was taking notes on paper with what to click where on the screen. That'll totally be me one day.