HOUSEHOLD TASKS I APPROACH AS MEDITATION
Pretending that the Dalai Lama is coming for tea helps.
- •Folding laundryEspecially t-shirts. I like way: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AWQ5aBjgE
- •Washing floorsOn my hands and knees with a bucket of hot water and sturdy cotton cloths. I draw the line at using a toothbrush.
- •Doing the dishesExcept wine glasses. I hate washing wine glasses, which probably means they are my greatest teacher. Sigh.
- •Making the bedI wouldn't let the Dali Lama--or any houseguest for that matter--get into an unmade or otherwise unkempt bed, so why would I? Smoothing sheets, straightening blankets, plumping pillows...the only thing better is getting back in at bedtime.
- •IroningOh, wait. I don't do that.