INSIDE MY WORKSTATION
You would probably not guess that I am a digital strategist/web programmer/SEM data analyst.
- •My standing deskLife and lower back changing.
- •Work surfaceBehind me, parallel to my desk. Silly tissues, Day planner (I am old fashioned), moleskine notebook for non-work ideas that come through at work and my pencil case because I am in the 5th grade apparently and also a snob about writing implements (our office supplies suck).
- •My altar-away-from-homeWide shot. That candle is destined for a re-gift. Love the giver, but it smells like Johnson's baby aspirin.
- •Altar item #1Ascended master card of the month, aka, one possible to answer to, "What energy is most helpful right now?". This is Hina, a Hawaiian goddess associated with freedom. She is propped up on my mini Buddha board.
- •Altar items #2 and #3Yoga Jane Bender is meditating in "nature". Her elephant friend was part of a collection my SO's sister had (she died last year from ALS complications--I asked her husband if I could keep one of her elephants and this is the one I chose).
- •Altar item #4Protection Mandala. Gift from a former office mate (@mrswsmagic) during a Difficult Time.
- •Altar item #5My team knows me well. Not that they actually follow this advice when I drink from this...that's why the prayer flags are there.
- •Altar item #6Lest you think it's 24/7 love and light over here.
- •Crystals of the dayIn a pinch, they can also be used to bean someone on the head. Today I have a solar fire andara (red, glowing), brecciated jasper (yet another gift from @mrs wsmagic) and unidentified pink fella that was charged in some crazy super moon energy grid.
- •Not-really-but-sort-of-altar-items #7-#10The books and minimalist mug needed a home though, and this placement balances the overall design/layout. The facial list and hand cream are winter necessities. In the background is a bell to ring in good fortune (another gift from @mrs wsmagic).
- •Compassionate Eyes of BuddhaOr Dr. TJ Eckleburg: you decide. Above him is tea bag wisdom urging me to live by intuition and consciousness.
- •Same Buddha eyes with various South American accentsClay whistle, drawstring pouches, ribbons, more tea bag wisdom that is so faded it's unreadable.
- •Yours trulyGetting shit done.