How I find my 30 mins of 'clean-as-much-as-you-can' time
It's a brief window, but days are won or lost during these short windows of opportunity
- 1.Sesame StreetThank the maker that this show exists. I never appreciated it as a kid, now I watch it as much as Netflix
- 2.AvocadoCube an avocado, stick it in a fruit wand, marvel at the instant mess / fun she is having
- 3.Play PenEssential that Sesame Street is playing before setting her in the pen...
- 4.Big Projects FirstThe golden minutes of my already gilded window of opportunity are the first 10-15. I'm talking vacuuming, dishes, sweeping, putting laundry in (don't waste time folding, that's a nap time chore)
- 5.Refill that Fruit Wand!By the gods, if she hasn't blown through her first round of fruit wand, fill that ish up!! That's the ticket to another 15 minutes
- 6.Toy Pick-up / Wind DownNow that major areas are addressed and that wand is full, I casually pick up her toys and treat the toy box as a basketball hoop.
- 7.Victory Snack or BrewBarring any setback, and with any luck, Sesame Street is half over and there is fruit left. I now have a clean house to sit back, indulge in some treats or crack a victory brew.