BOOKS I WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN
This is my life, this is my dream. Lots of thanks to @ChrisK for the request.
- •Harry PotterI made myself this head girl badge last month. You could find me roaming the enchanted hallways, messing with slytherins, and hanging out in the astronomy tower laying down some space related knowledge that wizards would have no way of understanding without the advanced technologies that muggle astronomers enjoy.
- •Ender's GameI totally see the problem with this. They're fighting a war! They're so unhappy! They literally have to drink their own recycled pee as water! Yes, BUT they're also playing the most intense ever game of zero gravity laser tag and if you can't get on board with that then who even are you?
- •Anne of Green GablesI wrote my common app essay about how Anne is totally my girl. I would cheer out loud when she broke that slate over Gilbert's head and also I would probably cry really hard at their wedding.
- •FrindleThis is the charming tale of how a rebel picks the stupidest cause ever-renaming the "pen" the "frindle"- and his whole class rallies behind him. They drive their stuffy teacher crazy and as a child I desperately wanted to be able to wreak a little havoc. Alas, I was too well behaved aka too cowardly to get in trouble.
- •Saint AnythingThis one is by the Queen of YA, @sarahdessen. One of the characters is obsessed with fries and SO AM I! Also, as someone with an older brother with charisma out the wazoo that kept getting into some trouble I identified with Sydney. I think I would fit in well in their friend group and we could all stand by each other.
- •The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-BanksiaThis one is really just because I'm adapting this into a screenplay and being able to live it probably wouldn't hurt that cause. The adaptation is called Frankie and the Basset Hounds. I'll catch ya at the movies.
- •The Cat in the Hat Comes BackIn this scenario I would like to be the cat in the hat. This is he one where he eats cake in their bathtub and that has always spoken to me as the epitome of luxury. Also I'm getting really into hats these days and I think I could rock that look.
- •Any book where anyone gets to ride a dragon