Sports Teams I Root for in Order by Sport
Besides my home teams, the others seem random but are actually nostalgic for me some way.
- •MN TwinsAlthough I do miss the days of yore: the piranhas, the metrodome, the rally room, watching Michael Cuddyer hit through the cycle that time at the game...knowing who was pitching, I'm not sure if I don't bc of who the Twins became with Mauer dominating the payroll or there presence at Target Field or if those just happen to coincide with when I had my first child.
- •Milwaukee BrewersI've seen them play over a dozen times in Milwaukee and yet the roof has yet to be open when I'm there! Also, my favorite NL team.
- •New York YankeesBecause it's un-American no to. Also, people from Boston are like people from St. Paul...annoying. Also, how can you not?
- •The Chicago CubsCheering for the underdog is the most fun, also frustrating (I'm from MN and have plenty of experience with this.)
- •Minnesota VikingsI loved them since my Nana took me to Mankato to get autographs from Tommy Kraemer, Scott Studwell and Little Leo Lewis. I will always love them, but had to take a break during the Mike Tice years...what a moron!
- •Gopher FootballAgain the underdog. Plus TCF stadium is the best, so is Jerry Kill. We already miss him.
- •Wisconsin FootballOn Wisconsin! My father in law is a huge fan, so it's hard not to get excited. Plus it's fun to cheer for good teams too. I also lived in WI and my family has a house there.
- •Dallas CowboysThey were the first other team I saw my first NFL game in 1987. They played the Vikings at the Metrodome. So many people don't like them (at least up here in MN)
- •The Greenbay PackersBecause they're consistently fantastic and it's fun to watch good football.
- •Gopher Basketball
- •Kentucky BasketballMy husband and I saw them at the Maui invitational on our honeymoon. We bought standing room only tickets and they sat us court side. Tubby was the coach, they'll always have a special place in my heart.
- •TimberwolvesMissing Flip.
- •St. Cloud State HockeyMy alma matter.
- •Whatever hockey team my niece graces each season.Love her.
- •All Women's Tennis
- •All Men's SwimmingWow!