Seven Bar Jokes Involving Grammar and Punctuation
By Eric K. Auld
- •A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
- •A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartender asks it to leave.
- •A question mark walks into a bar?
- •Two quotation marks "walk into" a bar.
- •A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking a drink.
- •The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
- •Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.