Steps in the Creation of a List
By Francis Heaney
- 1.Gratefully stop working on a project that is due in three days.
- 2.Think of a title.
- 3.Fruitlessly search for late-night snack in kitchen.
- 4.Pet cat.
- 5.Write first list entry.
- 6.Write second list entry.
- 7.Notice extreme similarity between first and second list entries.
- 8.Scrap original concept for list.
- 9.Reflect that any idea for a list contains the seeds of its own repetitiveness.
- 10.Resort to cheap self-reference.
- 11.Pet cat.