Underheard in New York
To celebrate Parks and Recreation's farewell tonight, here's a list from our archives by one of the show's writers, Jen Statsky.
- •"For a cup of coffee?! What a steal!"
- •"You're right, we SHOULD open a quaint little B&B here."
- •"I always hear my neighbors doing the most normal stuff late at night."
- •"Man, riding the subways here sure isn't like being in one giant maze of sadness."
- •"Times Square... what a ghost town!"
- •"I came here because I was such a fan of 'Sex and the City,' and sure enough, my experience has been just like that."
- •"Hmm... it's been a while since someone exposed himself to me in public."
- •"I thought I heard a gunshot, but it was just someone setting off fireworks to celebrate the city's diversity."
- •"I just love how close everything is... to New Jersey."