Words That I Need for My Dissertation That Don’t Exist
By Carmen Faye Mathes
- •Contrapunctual – adjective – 1. Intentional belatedness with respect to poetic form; 2. My dissertation schedule with respect to my dissertation
- •Hegemonkey – noun – 1. Apish answer to ideology; 2. Tree-dwelling mammal in a suit.
- •Insistenance – noun – 1. Food in the fridge that calls me away from my computer multiple times per day; 2. Large portions of cold, leftover pasta.
- •Inebriaffinated – adjective – 1. The condition in which writing may feel enjoyable; 2. Descriptive term for three o’clock in the morning on Sundays.
- •Notmal – adjective – 1. Not normal but also, not strange; 2. Dorothy Wordsworth’s relationship with her brother, William Wordsworth.
- •Onnocence – noun – 1. Naïvete about self-stimulation; 2. The Lord Byron’s opinion of John Keats’s poetry.
- •Parallactaid™ – noun – 1. Over-the-counter requirement for reading the complete works of Slavoj Žižek.
- •Portionable – adjective – 1. A considerable portion.
- •Perplexion – noun – 1. A knot of irresolvable affective energy; 2. A knot of irresolvable affective energy in my face.
- •Romantichasm – noun – 1. Metaphysical crisis; 2. What William Wordsworth saw before writing the first four stanzas of Intimations Ode.
- •upostess – noun – 1. A portmanteau word… with the mostess.
- •Unsurety – noun – 1. Not being certain of requirements, preconditions, obligations, etc., for the undertaking of an enormous task; 2. The nature of my understanding of the guidelines for submitting a dissertation to the graduate department at my university.