Star Wars Movies Ranked
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
- 1.The Empire Strikes BackThe best. Possibly my favorite movie of all-time. Hoth, AT-ATs, Yoda, Lando, Leia loves Han and he knows and then gets frozen in carbonite. Vader is Luke's father. The. Best.
- 2.Star Wars (later called a New Hope) but it will always be just STAR WARSStarted it all. Magical. Changed movies forever. Most of the effects still hold up nearly 40 years later. No criticisms but I've always loved Empire more because it's darker and deeper. Still, the original is amazing.
- 3.Return of the JediThe first Star Wars movie I saw in the theater. I was 5 and really do remember going with my dad. A great finish to the saga. Vader saves his son, Death Star 2 is blown away, the Rebels win....Hooray! I loved the Ewoks as a kid but seeing them defeat an Imperial Army on Endor as an adult is kinda lame.
- 4.Revenge of the SithThe best prequel by far. Visually awesome and compared to Episodes 1&2 it definitely has the most compelling (albeit predictable and slightly forced...no pun intended) plot. Great battles and fight scenes. Dialogue is pretty dumb but better than the first 2 prequels. Anakin vs Obi-Wan and Yoda vs. Palpatine were both epic. Padme dying scenario lame. Anyways...the only prequel I can watch over and over. Pros outweigh the cons.
- 5.The Phantom MenaceMany Star Wars purists always rank this last but I tolerate it more than Ep II. Pros: pod race, Darth Maul, Qui-Gon, Maul vs. Jinn/Kenobi fight, and the music. LOTSA CONS: Jar Jar (really is as terrible as everyone says) Qui-Gon's lame death, Darth Maul's lame death, all the Gungan-related scenes, Jake Lloyd's acting, trade federation blah blah blah, midiclorian blah blah blah.
- 6.Attack of the ClonesMy least favorite. Visually cool like all the prequels but has the least bit to offer in terms of plot...and the dialogue/script is comically bad. The Anakin/Padme love story is awful, awkward, and so poorly written I swear a "Love is" cartoon has more depth . This movie is prequel George Lucas at his worst: Overstuffed with CGI and horrible screenplay and character development. For the record I don't hate the prequels. I would watch bad Star Wars before 85% of all other movies.