THINGS PEOPLE SAY WHEN YOU GET ENGAGED
And the responses to them.
- •Have you set a date?Uhhh... Considering he proposed roughly four minutes ago? No, not yet.
- •When I saw your Facebook post, I thought you were kidding!Cool.
- •When I saw the picture of your ring, I thought you were kidding!...cool.
- •I know you've been wanting this for a really, really long time. (Said by an acquaintance who hasn't said more than hello to either of us in months.)Uh... Yeah?
- •It's about time!Because two years is too long to date?
- •(When looking at my ring) What is that?It's a motorcycle.
- •What changed?Um. What?
- •I'm so happy for you! My boyfriend and I were just saying we didn't think you two would make it!Thanks for the confidence?
- •Congratulations! You guys are such a good fit. You're my favorite couple!Thank you! (By far the best thing to hear and the most common.)