MY GO-TO, ALONE-IN-THE-CAR, TOP-OF-MY-LUNGS SONGBOOK
Make this playlist. Next time you are alone in the car, put it on, and just try to resist scream-singing the whole way to your destination. (Now that I've finished making the list, I realize my musical tastes are eclectic as hell... HELLA eclectic, as the kids say.)
- •Tiny Dancer by Elton JohnWHEN I SAY SOFTLY! SLOWLY!
- •Take on Me by AhaI'LL BE GONE ... IN A DAY OR TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
- •500 Miles by The ProclaimersBA DA DA! BA DA DA! BA DA DA DA DUDDA DA DUDDA DA DUDDA DA DA DA!
- •Dragosta Din Tei by OZoneI don't know a lick of Romanian but I can scream the shit out of this song.
- •Separate Ways by JourneySOME DAY LOVE WILL FIND YOU!
- •Big Pimpin' by Jay ZI'M A PIMP IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD BITCH! (This song comes on and you would think I was hard as a hell prison parolee, not a 40 year old professor with Ninja Turtles tattooed down his leg.)
- •To The Sea by KatzenjammerYou have never heard this song before. You need to download it right this second. Then you need to scream, "ALL I HAVE LEFT IS THE VOICE OF THE WIND BLOWING THROUGH THE DOOR ... OF OUR HOUSE!"
- •Overkill by Men at WorkDAY AFTER DAY IT APPEARS! (You have forgotten how awesome this song is.)
- •Uninvited by Alanis MorissetteYOU ... YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED ... YOU'RE UNINVITED ... (Alanis Morissette is THE. SHIT. End of story.)
- •Zombie by The CranberriesZOMBIE! ZOMBIE!