Playlist For Labor Day Weekend
So, labor day weekend. It's suppose to remind us of us. Everyday laborers. This is not a cohesive list, it is just my list. Oh,... no special order.
- •Sixteen TonsTennessee Ernie Ford. Caution this song contains implied violence, unbelievable strength and inexcapable servitude (aka slavery).
- •Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)Marvin Gaye. If you don't know where you are but you know what he's singing about, welcome to the inner city.
- •Hard WorkJohn Handy. The title says it all.
- •Hard Out HereLily Allen. She uses some words you may not use on a daily basis but you've probably heard them before.
- •Stayin' AliveBee Gees. Listen to the content. That's all I'm gonna say.
- •Hard To Be an OutlawWillie Nelson. Ageism
- •Keep On Truckin'Eddie Kendricks. OK I just like the beat and I hum it when I need to keep "laboring". How's that?
- •She Works Hard For the MoneyDonna Summer. Did you know this song used to be controversial?
- •One of These DaysSantana. Don't step over the line.