The 8 Best Things About My 39 Hour Road Trip to Illinois
- 1.LilahI had a blast bonding with my little niece this visit - we went on a walk, she admired my earrings & told me I was pretty! And I must have made an impression on her too - my mom texted me this morning and said that she'd been asking for me. So we facetimed a little while I was at work today. Miss the sweetie already.
- 2.Picnic at grandma's houseMy fun & awesome 93 year old grandma lives on the edge of this cornfield in a tiny town of 200. We took over a couple of buckets of KFC and hung out for a few hours on her deck. It was not nearly long enough but it was fabulous.
- 3.Five-year-olds playing flag footballWent to Sam's last football game - adorable!
- 4.Hanging out at my brother's houseWe relaxed on the porch while the kids played
- 5.Knowing that mom was home safe from her "vacation" to AfghanistanYeah that really happened - she lost a tooth and had to go to a Tajikistani dentist but other than that it was pretty uneventful
- 6.Catching up with my cousinCindy & her daughter stopped by and had dinner with us...yummy beef stew!
- 7.OktoberfestThings hadn't really started up yet but it was a gorgeous day and it was interesting walking around. Plus I enjoyed a Shiner Bock.
- 8.Picking apples at my mom's houseSo glad that my dad planted those trees!