THINGS I'VE SEEN/OVERHEARD AT JURY DUTY
ODOR IN THE COURT!
- •"How are they gonna take my baby away? I bathe him once a week, they trying to tell me that ain't enough."
- •This person sleeping below this sign:
- •A man looking at MySpace on the public computers.
- •A woman carrying a plastic bag full of other plastic bags.
- •"Did they call my name?" A woman asked me. "I don't think so." I replied. I have no idea what her name is.
- •"Yo ass shoulda been paying child support, I don't feel sorry for you."
- •A man watching a Bruce Springsteen video on his phone.
- •"Look at that sassy walk" a man said to me while I was walking around for 30 mins trying to find the juror assembly room.
- •"Hazard reported ahead! Get down!" Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice said this from my phone as I walked into the courthouse because I forgot to turn off Waze.
- •A woman reading the vuvuzela Wikipedia page on the public computers.