Already on li.st? Open in app.
I feel like I've had exposed emotions for the past year, at least. Here are some things that have me emotional & the emotions I'm feeling.
- •Wistful: I've been counting down the days for a while.It's a passing of time & all that but, as usual, I used to think of 50 as old. I don't feel old.
- •Embarrassed: Patriarchy will hold onto its position until its very last breath.I realized when Trump won the GOP nom, media kept harping on emails, & Sanders had his Stans, that misogyny could kill HRC's chance to become 1st female US president.
- •Hopeful: Nature & nurture both matter.Children start off empathetic & are taught to advocate. What if that advocacy was not just about "self" but about "community"?
He's so comfortable performing music. *Admittedly, biased.😊
- •Cover: Don't Fear The Reaper
- •Cover: Where It's At
- •This was part of the week of summer camp, which he's done for past 5 years.
- •He also is performing original songs next weekend.More posts likely. ✊🏼
No particular order or topic.
- •Bathroom remodel1991 House needs 3 bathrooms updated. Master bath had a leak last year that caused the floor to get ruined. When we moved in 2002, that bath had been repainted but needed new drywall. 😬 Possibly in budget for March/April 2018.
- •Backyardwe've landscape ourselves over the years, but it's tough with drought, sandy dirt, constant sun exposure. Also two pine trees died of rot last year, leaving back fence exposed. Needs some creative planning.
- •Bottom floor carpet on concrete flooringI'd like to lay hardwood on top but might prove difficult. If nothing else, new carpet.
My youngest is terrified of the big city. I was scared of things, at his age, too, but didn't blame it on city.
- •Random murderers.I tried explaining that most people are shot by someone they know & none of our friends or family in SF are carrying weapons.
- •FiresThere were some older buildings that burned down in 2015. Smoke was visible throughout the city, people were displaced, but luckily, no one was killed. Also fires just as likely in suburbs or country but that knowledge doesn't help him.
- •Homeless peopleI expected this one. I mean as a kid, knowing how people should react & behave gives you a sense of comfort. People living on streets, not showering, etc. is disconcerting.
My 11-yr-old loves watching Kids' shows
- •KC Undercover has Kadeem Harrison which reminds me of A Different World
- •A Different World from 87 - 93I was about 10 years older than my youngest when I watched this. Plus it was adult TV
- •Liv & Maddie
Guess the locale - not @pili_ervin
- •Spent hours poolside - everyday 💦☀️🌤☂️
- •Enjoyed virgin Pina Coladas & Lava Flows - everyday
- •Enjoyed Pork Nachos - a couple of days
Inspired by @HikerGirl60
- •I didn't emerge until Dec, though.
Inspired by @elmospimpingme
- •Crazy For You - Madonna
- •We Are The World - Song by USA for Africa
- •Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
Things can get complicated
- •Woke up at 5. Too early & went back to sleep. Got out of bed at 6:20.14-year old sound asleep & he needed to be in shower.
- •Took a shower, came out to both 14-year old & 11-year old doing nothing.Watching YouTube on devices while on couch & chair.
- •Encouraged boys to get breakfast.11-year old complained then over-poured milk.
This is going to take a while. Inspired by @justjills & everyone else.