5 things that make me feel Alive!
Thanks,@dad3 Always fun to think of positive things
- •My familyHigh schooler starts his freshman year next week. He's been in an "Early Start" program this week and he's adjusting. Feels great to have him start to stretch his wings.
- •MusicI love discovering new music & listening to mixes from my youth. Right now, I'm enjoying Summertime 7 from Jazzy Jeff & Mick Boogie (google it and download for free).
- •Being activeA decade ago, I was diagnosed with a myeloproliferative blood disorder that caused a liver clot. The yo-yoing of energy, weight, and lack of exercise was tough. Right now, I'm in a good place - was on vacation in Santa Cruz last week & was able to walk, hike, run, and play on the beach with no problems. My wife pointed out that 2 years ago I was unable to be active.
- •QuietSo precious and rare in a house with 10-yr old & 13-yr old sons. When they were younger, they'd get to bed by 8 every night. Now, it's between 9 & 10, respectively. I love to wake up before everyone else, or (more likely) stay up while everyone else sleeps.
- •Alone time for my wife & meWe used to have a weekly date night where my parents would stay in with the kids while we went out to dinner or a movie. We'd also go out of town for a weekend every couple of months. It's been too long since we've done either & we're in middle of kitchen remodel so we've got a few more weeks until my parents can spend time with the kids & we can go out.