Another day in life at almost 50
Things can get complicated
- •Woke up at 5. Too early & went back to sleep. Got out of bed at 6:20.14-year old sound asleep & he needed to be in shower.
- •Took a shower, came out to both 14-year old & 11-year old doing nothing.Watching YouTube on devices while on couch & chair.
- •Encouraged boys to get breakfast.11-year old complained then over-poured milk.
- •Finished getting ready (shaving, getting dressed) while boys fought.Only had to stop getting ready 3 times.
- •Son left his over-poured milk for me to add to my cereal & coffeeDecided to eat breakfast
- •At 7:25, 14-year old came running into dining room screaming, "we're going to be late!"I had a flashback to Airplane! & wanted to smack him to help calm him down.
- •We left at 7:30 & he blamed me the whole ride for eating breakfast & repeatedly told me he was blameless & it was all my fault.
- •We arrived at his summer school with 5 minutes to spare.Didn't acknowledge anything, just left
- •I dropped the 11- year old off for soccer camp.He was a bit sad that the friends he made yesterday weren't there but I bet none of them have siblings going to summer school classes that start +1 hour before camp. 🤔
- •Headed to work for two 10am meetings, one of which was pushed to 12:30.Which is good because now I only have one 10am meeting.
- •Have to pick up both boys at 411-year old has soccer practice, 14-year old would rather not take bus during afternoon commute.
- •Tomorrow, I get to do it all again.Except I have 11 am & 1:30 pm doctors appointments.
- •I better get a goodnight's sleep.
- •Today, I'm going to LA to celebrate a friend's 50th.