Favorite Songs on Licensed To Ill, Ranked
30th anniversary of its release; and yes, I know all the words to all but the last two songs
- 1.The New Style2 friends & I did a Lip Synch battle (Air band) in March 1987. I was Mike D.
- 2.She's CraftyGreat word play, even if a bit sexist
- 3.Paul RevereThat reverse bass scratch almost makes up for the bravado & sexist lyrics.
- 4.Brass MonkeyStupid, insipid, repetitive, fun party song. Friends and I even drank some of the stuff - marketed by Bacardi. It wasn't very good but got you drunk.
- 5.Posse In EffectIf only for the line, "got girlies in the castle and one in the pagoda, you know I got rhymes like Abe Vigoda"
- 6.Hold It NowFirst song I heard from the album. It was different, you couldn't really dance to it, and it has a wacky flow. I liked it then & still do.
- 7.Time To Get IllTrue story: driving home from club, around 2:00 am, listening to cassette of album and guy pulls up next to us and asks the time. I scream, "It's time to get ill!"
- 8.Rhymin & StealinAli Babba & the 40 thieves...
- 9.Slow RideLowrider sample FTW!
- 10.Slow & LowThat is the tempo..
- 11.GirlsTongue in cheek, I hope
- 12.No Sleep Till BrooklynNice remake by PE & Rage
- 13.Fight For Your RightI basically hate this song