Most Painful Experiences of My Life, Ranked
Inspired by @crackdkettle
- •I had to go to bathroom so badly in kindergarten I got up during nap time. The teacher pulled me out of the bathroom while my pants were still down. Painful memory for years.
- •The time I broke my wrist and nose as I hit the ground.I climbed a fence in 4th grade while wearing bell bottoms (dating myself) and my pants got caught as I tried to jump over. I dangled for a few seconds, then fell.
- •The time I broke my ankle playing basketball.I did this fairly regularly.
- •The time I tore my ACL.Don't play tackle football, in the mud, with no pads.
- •My 2nd bone marrow biopsy.My 1st didn't hurt but that was likely because I had almost died during surgery. The 2nd time I was awake and mostly fine. It felt like what I imagine it feels like if I'd been shanked in a prison brawl.
- •A back injury.I'm not sure which one was most painful, but I spent about a week hunched over a ottoman until the Dr. prescribed narcotics that actually took off the edge.
- •The time I cut my son's fingernail and nicked his finger.He was 4 days old and I can still remember his wailing cry as I tried to soothe him. I haven't cut his nails in the 13 years since. I've never felt more helpless.