Things I Didn't Expect
Mostly about being old, but I might surprise you
- •I almost died from a blood clot in my liver 10 years ago. If you had told me 10 years ago, I'd feel as well as I do now, I'd gladly have taken it.
- •Becoming an adult meant accepting myself: the good and bad.
- •My sense of humor doesn't make everyone laugh and I'm okay with that.
- •I'm reasonably financially successful but it feels tenuous.
- •As a public school graduate, I never imagined my kids would go to private schools. It's a testament to how poorly public schools meet children's needs.
- •School was so much fun. Related: life goes fast.
- •I have a handful of close friends but they all drive me somewhat crazy.
- •My mom and I are not as close as I like but much closer than I thought we'd be after college.
- •Our dog we got for my youngest son's 8th birthday has claimed me and my lap.
- •I watch too much sports.
- •I'm not bad looking but I'm not particularly good looking either.
- •I can't play basketball any longer as I get injured too often. Related: I play a "physical" style.
- •This list is long but I have more to say.
- •My wife loves me and she's an amazing person, which says something good about me.