The Top Ten Movies of All Time, According to Me 🎥
Just off the top of my head really. Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •Out of AfricaCast, setting, music, story, it's all here. I could watch Redford wash Streep's hair for days.
- •My Cousin VinnySo many funny moments! Marisa Tomei on the witness stand is sheer brilliance.
- •To Kill A MockingbirdThere's a reason this has never been remade. Who can top Peck's performance, and Scout too!
- •Sense and SensibilityAusten's novel, Emma Thompson's script, Ang Lee's direction, and that cast! (Winslet, Grant, Rickman and all the secondary characters.)
- •The GodfatherI went to the trouble of reading the book, and it's one of the few times the movie is SO much better.
- •GaslightI'm not much for scary movies, but if you're going to be scared, this old psychological thriller is a sure bet. Black and white adds atmosphere!
- •Henry V (Branagh version)Dame Judi Dench has a small but memorable role, and this is a great big-screen war and Shakespeare movie. Patrick Doyle music stays with you, as does the St. Crispin's day speech. It will make you look up Agincourt to find out what really happened.
- •Much Ado About Nothing (Branagh too)So I love Shakespeare movies, sue me! Branagh and Thompson's brilliant banter (before they broke up, sob!), Denzel Washington, fabulously beautiful setting, and more Patrick Doyle music!
- •WitnessJust a gripping story. Gets pretty violent but the boy actor is wonderful and Harrison Ford wooing to "Don't Know Much About History" is so sweet.
- •The Age of InnocenceBecause as my daughter @rcwornhoff reminded me, I need something with Daniel Day-Lewis. Thought about "Mohicans," but the subtleties of Wharton's story and the lush setting and direction made me choose this one instead.