Thoughts as Our Youngest Turns 18 Years Old
Not a clever list, just reflective.
- •You think that the years of raising your children will last forever, but they fly.The intense child-rearing is only one season of your life, not your whole life. But it's pretty amazing.
- •We don't need a guardian for our children any longer.We agonized over whom to choose, and are grateful that my sister and brother-in-law were willing to take on the responsibility. But we're grateful their kind offices were not needed. And I'm confident our girls will take care of each other if the need arises.
- •Even though it's different (see item one) parenting young adults is still ... Parenting. Hard, fabulous, unpredictable.They're all taller than I am, but they're not quite "grown-ups" yet.
- •Proud of the work we've done, so aware of where we've fallen short, and grateful, grateful, grateful.Three young adult women who are healthy and can hope for bright futures and lives of work, love, and faith. That's a lot to be grateful for.
- •I wish their three grandparents who have died could see them now.They would enjoy them so much!
- •Wow! Are we lucky/blessed.