Top 5 U20 Players to watch next season!
These are 5 players born in 96 or later that I enjoy watching and will be sure to keep a close eye on next year!
- 1.Dele AlliThis is no surprise. After being named PFA Young player of the year, this 20 year old should be under everyone's radar. After impressing in the premier league, I can't wait to see what he will be capable of producing in the Euro's and next year's champions league!
- 2.Ousmane DembéléOusmane is another product of an incredible French generation. He won't be taking part in the Euro's this summer, but after contributing to 25% of Rennes goals this year (12/48) I can't wait to see what he can add to Borussia Dortmund in the coming season! He is born 1997.
- 3.Giovani Lo CelsoArgentina has been flooding Europe with young talent for the past several years. Lo Celso is another 1996 born player that I will pay close attention to. Linked with major European clubs, it seems like the prospect will remain in South-America until December, when he will join PSG. With the European Leagues going on a break this summer, it will be time to focus on what he is capable of producing for Rosario Central in both Copa Libertadores as well as the League.
- 4.Gabriel JesusBorn in 1997, the lad has scored 2 and assisted 1 during Palmeiras debut in the Brazilian League. Fast, sharp and with an eye for the goal, Gabriel scored 4 goals in this year's Copa Libertadores. Not bad for a 19 year old. We should be able to watch Gabriel in yellow when Brazil make a run for gold in the Olympics. Rumours of Manchester United and Juventus looking to sign the youngster have also grown in the past couple of days
- 5.Marco AsensioHonouring the Spanish traditional of technical midfielders that can pick a pass, Marco Asensio finished this year's La Liga on a high, bagging two for Espanyol on the last day of the season. The 20 year old is likely to make a return to Real Madrid from his loan at Espanyol and hopefully will get playing time in the coming season. Marco Asensio has left his mark in youth European competitions by winning the Golden Player of the Euro U-19 in 2015.