MY NEW MOTIVATION SYSTEM
Jerry Seinfeld has had a quote floating around the Internet for a few years now, in which he advocates writers buying a giant wall calendar and putting a big X through each day they write. He says the point is "don't break the chain." I took his advice and made a few additions.
- •This is my wall calendarI didn't want the one with lame fauxtivational cliches but I waited until June to finally buy a calendar and this was all they had left. I won't make this mistake twice.
- •If I write, I get a purple Star of David.When @originalamericantreat asked me why it was a Star of David instead of a regular star I said "because 6 points seemed like a better value than 5!" Truly a Jewish sentiment.
- •If I exercise, I get an orange cupcake.Because if I got a real cupcake every time I exercised then there would be no point.
- •Since buying this calendar in June, my longest streak for writing is 29 days.
- •My longest streak for exercise is 7.
- •I've never tried switching the colors.Mostly because I don't want to ruin the ink pads.