ITEMS I'VE LOST THAT I LOVED THAT CANNOT BE REPLACED
Mostly items I've lost while drunk 😔🍸🍹🍷🍻
- •Vintage denim jacket from store in NY that no longer existsIt was that perfect boxey look, but still feminine. I wore out to party on the night of my college graduation. The night started off very tame. I brought my parents to the bar; they were horrified and left straightaway. A friend's older brother was in town for the weekend and found me to take shots. I went home with him (not something I did often) and left jacket at the bar. Came back a day later and it was gone. If that doesn't teach ya, what will?
- •Dad's Michagauma NecklaceThis one really hurts. Michigan does not have secret societies, but there is one special group for those that made a big impact on the campus during their time there. It's called Michigauma and my dad was in it. He had this great "M" pendent that was engraved with his name on the back. I wore it as a necklace everyday and then one day it was gone. I don't know how I lost it, or where it is, but hopefully in Ann Arbor, lost poetically like the blue diamond in Titanic. I have never told my dad.
- •Pink Grandma SweaterAnother cool vintage item I lost at a sports bar drunk in college. It was a large light pink knit sweater. I bought in Dublin. It made me feel teeny tiny. I wore it fancy, day-time, and apparently drunk. Went back twice and scoured the place for it. Honestly didn't think anyone there would have good enough taste to take it so was surprised. Maybe silver lining: style in unexpected places?
- •My barbiesWell these were taken away. I played with barbies for way too long. Slowly I played less and less. One day I opened the closet where I left my barbies and they were all gone.
- •My watchI used to wake up in the middle of the night panicked that I'd lost it. If I had lost the watch that meant I had really done it! I had really screwed myself over. The world would end. Three years ago, I was sure: this was it. Still drunk, I woke up in the morning crying that it was gone. Spent the entire day punishing myself, eventually found it in a random shoe. I haven't had a freak out in years and I still have the watch. So I am a grown up.
- •Super cheap costume jewelry emerald ring from flea marketGot it with mom years ago at upper west side flea market. Assumed it was fine to wear cause it was so cheap. Everyone thought it was real and I got uncomfortable. Men asked if I was engaged. I took to turning it around as a habit. Then I slowly started to own it and feel regal. I played a part while wearing it. No idea, but it somehow disappeared along with my Princess Grace persona.
- •Good perfect weight LA trench coatWas going to a party at Bar Marmont last year. Stared at myself in the mirror in my tench coat over a simple black dress and thought, " you don't belong in LA, you are a Parisian." Got drunk and left trench at coat check. Probably said something like "long line. I'm tiredd. I'll get it tomorrow." Seems I am quite American after all. Called the next morning and it was gone. Don't be fooled, they are thieves over there.
- •Countless credit cardsBut these can be replaced!
- •Countless drivers licensesCan be replaced!
- •Countless chain necklaces.Wear em till you lose em. Get new ones.
- •Gold mini hoops that I wear everyday.Fell out in the pool yesterday at The Beverly Hills Hotel when I was doing some fancy babysitting/ partying with 6 year olds.