REASONS TO BE OBSESSED WITH CARY JOJI FUKUNAGA
Okay, I'm a little late too this, but I finished Season 1 True detective and CJF is my takeaway.
- •He directed True DetectiveI only want to watch True Detective S1 and The Jinx for the rest of my life! I mean Carcosa at the end!! Scary! Amazing!
- •He is objectively just like a VERY handsome dude. He's hot as hell.Bone structure like whoa, but super masculine.
- •He didn't always know he wanted to be a filmmaker. He got a job as camera intern and then applied to film school afterwards, showing us it's important to be passionate but it's possible to succeed even if you find your career path a little later. Not that mid 20's is so late. Also it obviously helps to be super talented.
- •He originally wanted to be a pro snowboarder. He's athletic and he's got that whole Haromine Korine skater guy swag thing going.
- •He's got range. He directed Jane Eyre and True Detective!
- •He rocks a man bun with a Barbour jacket.
- •He sometimes dresses like this
- •And other times dresses like thisDudes got swagger like whoa. (Oooh, hummus)
- •He's so well spoken and smart during the HBO post episode interview
- •Fluent in French and Spanish
- •No matter who he has kids with, babies will be ethnically ambiguous and adorable.
- •He left True Detective at its peak. That's cool as hell. He knows when to leave a party early and keep us wanting more!
- •I fear his next film will inspire a clothing collaboration with Opening Ceremony and I don't like it! Don't sell your swagger out!!
- •Is he on this app? No, right? If he were, his lists would be cool AF. But he busy.