Why I Have Not Made a List in 7 Weeks
Called out by @ChrisK
- •Signed up for every dating app my friends suggested, because why the fuck not! Eight first dates in the past two months- six dinners, two drink meet ups. Happn, Hinge, Bumble, and of course, Tinder. Jswipe is the WORST. I don't think I've swiped right even once. I'll never meet a nice Jewish man. Sorry, mom.
- •The amount of new people on this app became very intimidating after so many months of being a small community. Seeing all these authoritative voices on so many different subjects, I became anxiety ridden. What kind of useful list could I possibly post?I totally enjoy just reading and liking all the entertaining and informative lists bravely posted by others.
- •Because of the influx, it's natural that there'd be numerous people that already knew each other. Lists started to feel cliquey and exclusive, instead of inviting and open. I backed away. I realize that these are my insecurities and projections, and has absolutely nothing to do with ListApp itself or the people on it.It's cool. I'm in therapy.
- •I have a saved draft entitled, "Best Boxed Cookies"- so maybe it was best I took a pause?
- •UnReal, Halt and Catch Fire, Suits, and I just started Mr. Robot.Summer TV, baby!
- •Finished reading "The Poser" by Jacob Rubin (highly recommend it), and now I can't seem to put down "All We Wanted was Everything" by Janelle Brown. Thought it was going to be a simple beach read, but it's really quite great. And I have East of Eden waiting for me on my beside table.
- •These are all excuses. Like Drizzy said, "It's like a potluck, ya gotta come with it."Time to List on like a real OG.