10 Random Facts About Me
Inspired by @billnye — I also never introduced myself because I've been a terrible lister lately. And a random things about me post sounded more fun, so what the heck.
- 1.I have a tattoo of a John Mayer lyric.Actually 2 tattoos. I don't particularly care for/about John Mayer, but the words spoke to me. One foot says 'Don't be scared to walk alone...' And the other says '...don't be scared to like it.'
- 2.I have a law degree but have never taken the bar.I didn't really go to law school wanting to be a lawyer, I was just intrigued by the law. And I kinda want to be a professor someday, so I needed a doctorate degree. I use the knowledge I gained every day but I don't think I'll ever be an actual attorney.
- 3.Of the 90 books currently on my bookshelf, I'm in the middle of 34 of them.My ADD reading has gotten a bit out of control. I like to be reading more than 1 book at a time, but I generally like to keep it at a reasonable 8-10 books range.
- 4.I'm from a tiny town in Montana.Like less than 1,000 people tiny. Like drive 60 miles to go to a store tiny. I didn't mind growing up there, but I am a city girl and won't ever go back.
- 5.I am incredibly boring when it comes to food.It does not bother me to eat the same foods over and over. And though I like a little heat, in general I would say I prefer foods that aren't that exciting. I don't put dressing on my salad, I don't really like most sauces and I don't like complex flavors.
- 6.I'm experiencing a (hopefully not) midlife crisis.Okay, not really a crisis, so much as a 'what am I doing with my life?' moment. I've worked in sports Marketing & PR for my entire career and although I enjoy what I do and am rather good at it (if I do say so myself) and I get to travel a lot and enjoy everyone else in my industry...I'm just not inspired by it. It's hard to get too excited about making rich people richer. I want to do something that makes a difference, but I have no idea what that something should be.
- 7.I still watch Grey's Anatomy.I know, how is that even still possible? I don't know. I have taken part of two seasons off (not super intentionally, it just happened) but after 12 years, I'm still alive and kicking (unlike most of my favorites on the show because Shonda hates me and kills everyone.)
- 8.I'm the black sheep in my family.Well, actually, I'm probably the lone white sheep in a family full of black sheep. (Side note: I grew up on a cattle ranch but we also raised sheep and they're probably my favorite animal.) My family is crazy. And I'm kind of annoyingly sane. They're fun, though. Usually.
- 9.If I was to sum myself up in a brand, it would be Kate Spade.Preppy and sweet and almost annoyingly cute and cheerful.
- 10.I've never said a cuss word in my entire life.Not that there's anything wrong with cussing. It's just not my thing. Though I have to admit, there have been a few times I've been tempted to drop an f-bomb or two.