Another short Presidential trip with Brian
My nephew and I enjoy visiting historic sites
- •We stopped in Topeka to see the Capitol building
- •The stained glass in the rotunda
- •The next day we toured President Eisenhower's boyhood home in Abilene, Kansas
- •There is also a museum full of WWII memorabilia on the same grounds, as well as the burial site of the President, his wife, Mamie and a son they lost at the age of four
- •While we were in Salina, a train with at least 60 windmill blades rumbled by. It's hard to tell from the picture but they were so big
- •My nephew is 16 and I know we don't have a lot of these trips left but I really treasure the time I get to spend with him. He's a great nephew and I'm really lucky.