Fun Facts About Hello Kitty
In honor of Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty opening at EMP 11/14, we wanted to share a list of fun facts about the Sanrio superstar.
- •Hello Kitty was introduced in Japan in 1974She made her debut in America in 1976! Since her debut on a coin purse, Hello Kitty has developed into one of the most unique & identifiable brands of our time.
- •Hello Kitty's official name is Kitty White.While Hello Kitty is not considered a cat in the traditional sense, she is many things--a little girl, an icon, a superstar, and ultimately a friend.
- •Hello Kitty is as tall as 5 applesShe also weighs the same as 3 apples!
- •Hello Kitty has a pet catHello Kitty's pet is named Charmmy Kitty; he was given to her by her papa. Charmmy Kitty has a pet hamster named Sugar.
- •Hello Kitty has a twin sister, MimmyYou can tell these identical two sisters apart by the placement of their bows: Hello Kitty's rests over her left ear, Mimmy's rests over her right ear.
- •Hello Kitty's favorite food is Mama's apple pieHer bow was also a gift from her mama, and she likes to collect small, cute things, ribbons, and hair accessories.
- •Hello Kitty's hobbies include ...... traveling, music, reading; eating yummy cookies (baked by sister Mimmy) and making new friends.
- •Hello Kitty says:"You can never have too many friends!" -- "Say hello to me when you see me!" and "Look at my red bow!"