Books I Would Like to Live In
(Thanks for this inspiration @ChrisK! Thinking about this made me realize that I read a lot of dark or serious books as an adult, and most of the imaginative environments I would want to live in come from the stories of my youth, when my reading was a bit... Lighter.)
- •A Wrinkle in TimeMagical, exhilarating and empowering for an awkward kiddo to believe that the unknown is sometimes the most important thing of all. A creaky old house, quirky friends like Mrs. WhatsIt and a cute guy named Calvin. Let's find a tesseract and get this show on the road.
- •Harry PotterHermione is basically my spirit animal. Hogwarts, here I come.
- •The Lion, The Witch and The WardrobeI grew up with a wardrobe in my bedroom. It was a source of CONSTANT DISAPPOINTMENT by going nowhere but... My bedroom. To add salt to a sore wound, our front drive was lit by lantern posts a la Narnia. Always so close, but so far. Let's make this dream a reality.
- •Anne of Green GablesHeeeeeeyyy Gilbert. 👋🏼😘 Quaint Canadian living with neighborhood drama galore.
- •A Girl of the LimberlostNot an easy place to navigate, but everything about this swampy place seemed ethereal and beautiful, down to the moths that Elnora collects.
- •Daddy Long-LegsAs long as I can also have a Master Jervie benefactor who turns out to be my soulmate, we'll overlook the potentially creepy undertones of this plot line.
- •Little WomenHoled up with the March sisters, creating plays and fake newspapers, while crushing on Laurie and trying to find my voice as a young woman in this world? That's the dream team right there. Squad goals forever.