Five Movies I Would Watch Once a Year for the Rest of My Life
Inspired by @mindy
- •OverboardVintage Goldie and Kurt, slumming their way through this gem of a movie. "A falsetto child?"
- •Heart and SoulsRobert Downey Jr. as a likable narcissist with an all-star cast of guardian angels who need his help. Be ready to have "Walk like a Man" stuck in your head for days.
- •You've Got MailThe writing. The chemistry. The old school AIM. If you've seen it, there's really no explanation needed.
- •Pride and PrejudiceUsually I'm a purist when it comes to book-to-movie conversions, but I didn't mind the liberties taken within the Kiera Knightly version. The scene where she and Matthew MacFadyen meet at dawn is romance and drama and simplicity and perfection.
- •Dirty DancingCan't help it. We've all carried a watermelon at one time or another, and this movie is the best kind of nostalgia.
- •Honorable Mentions:Working Girl, Almost Famous, Philadelphia Story, Elf, The Jerk, While You Were Sleeping, Best in Show, When Harry Met Sally, and Legally Blonde