Books I Have Read More Than Once
Not necessarily my "favorite" books, although multiple readings usually does make a strong case, eh?
- •The Great Gatsby / F.S. Fitzgerald(6? Full readings, several more partial)
- •Blue Highways / Wm Least Heat-MoonBest travel book ever
- •Sophie's Choice / William StyronLove the film, and as usual, love the book times 10.
- •Charlie and the Chocolate Factory / Roald DahlMagic, as you know (unless you weren't ever a kid)
- •Dubliners / James JoyceNear-perfect collection of short stories that don't require a masters-level course to decipher (ala Joyce's novels).
- •Darkness Visible / William StyronA powerful look at Depression.
- •On the Road / Jack KerouacA must. One-of-a-kind.
- •East of Eden / John SteinbeckEpic and American.
- •Invisible Man / Ralph EllisonAnother must read, doubly so if you are "white."
- •The Basil & Josephine Stories / FS FitzgeraldA not-great series of Fitzgerald short stories (though many of his were great) that were the subject of my thesis.