Allow Me to Listroduce™ Myself
Despite completing several lists, I never officially Listroduced myself! Here goes:
- •I am 100% Ukrainian. Both sets of my grandparents came to the US with nothing, and collectively put 7 children through private school and college.
- •I am a writer. Words speak to my soul.
- •I am a wife and a mother, in that order. I love my child with reckless abandon, but the foundation of that is my marriage, and I treat it as such.
- •I changed my mind about the college I was going to at the last minute, and it was the best thing I ever did. My college friends are my soulmates.
- •Despite the overwhelming and growing negativity in this world, I still choose to believe that people are good at heart.
- •I lost 3 of the most important men in my life before I turned 22. Not a day goes by that I don't think of or pray for them.
- •I am desperate to not pass on my issues with my body to my daughter. I'll spend the rest of my life making sure she knows how beautiful she is, no matter what.
- •My dad almost died 2 years ago. The image of him being wheeled into the OR for life-saving surgery will forever be burned in my brain.
- •Being a working mom is not for the faint of heart. I'm learning to forgive myself on the days I'm not quite enough.
- •My favorite movie is Walk the Line. Johnny and June's love story is one for the ages ❤️