THINGS PEOPLE HAVE ASKED WHEN FINDING OUT I'M A TYPE ONE DIABETIC
In honor of November- National Diabetes Awareness Month
- •Type one - that's the good kind?Well, neither is "good". But type one is a chronic disease that is manageable but there is yet to be a cure.
- •Did you eat too much candy?Someone asked me this when I was first diagnosed. No, sugars and sweets do NOT cause Type One - it's an autoimmune disease and nothing can or will prevent it.
- •You can't borrow my water bottle - I don't want to catch Diabetes.Yes...a girl said this to me one time. Diabetes is NOT contagious. I promise.
- •I hope you don't loose a limb...or your eyesight!Me too.
- •There will be a cure in the next 5 yearsThey say this every year - so...
- •You pee a lot, right?Yes, if my bloodsugar isn't under control. It's awesome.
- •At least they have insulinSuch a blessing. I'm so happy to live in this day and age! Type One was a death sentence not too long ago.