How to 'Good-bye, Lenin!' Myself Post-Election
Like the mother from the 2003 German film, I too need to be fooled into thinking that things haven't changed for the sake of my frail heart.
- •See HRC bumper stickers as sign she is still running
- •Unplug radio and trick self into thinking it's broken
- •Write 11/7/16 on checks
- •Imagine friends who are texting heart emojis and kind messages are just really understanding how cold weather affects me
- •Visit Hillary Clinton campaign website and donate, cross fingers tightly and pretend that all reference to Trump winning is a computer/intern glitch to be fixed soon
- •Send HRC campaign an email about their website saying Trump won and that they should probably get someone to look into it quickly before anyone freaks out