Quintessential Philly Knowledge
Stop drawlin and read this jawn
- •Hoagie...it's called a hoagieNot sub or sandwich
- •Wawa is ♥️Much better than Turkey Hill, Sheetz, or whatever other convenience store you have
- •We bleed our sports teamsFlyers, Sixers, Eagles, Union, Phillies unite!
- •We're proud of our historical backgroundFrom Independence Hall to the Constitution Center, we're the birthplace of America and we love it
- •We have great collegiate institutionsFrom Temple U (GO OWLS) to UPenn, we're always sharpening our minds
- •Yes...cheesesteaks are THAT good
- •And no one makes them like we do
- •Even Shonda Rhimes ♥️s usPhilly is where her hit show How To Get Away With Murder takes place
- •The birthplace of 2 famous Kevin's (at least)Kevin Bacon and Kevin Hart
- •It's called WATER ICENot Italian Ice or whatever you think it is. It also goes great with a soft pretzel!
- •And it's pronounced WOODER ICEOur accent has baffled and intrigued many linguists and people in general
- •There's so much to see when it comes to artTake a trip to the Barnes, PMA, or lowly concert venues sprinkled throughout the city
- •If you love Tastykakes, you have us to thank
- •While we may have some things to apologize for, Philly really is The City of Brotherly ♥️
- •Jim's on South Street for cheesesteaksSuggested by @LizDawson
- •South Street...just in general.Because where else can you find Jims, a Whole Foods, many tattoo parlors, a concert venue, exotic stores, and much much more on one street?