Tv Scenes/episodes From Childhood That Scarred Me for Life
Not shark-jumping--that would be a show ruining itself. These are TV episodes from late-70s/80s that deeply disturbed my young mind. They don't do this stuff on iCarly. Though it's why I now like Darren Aronsfky movies.
- •Dif'rent Strokes ep with Dudley and the guy from WKRP playing a pedophile.Dirty mouse cartoons. No shirt. Why?!
- •Papa Smurf asking out SmurfetteHe was the one smurf she didn't think wanted to smurf her. Look at her face. Ugh..
- •Tom Hanks jumping off the roof in Mazes and Monsters.The lesson: playing D&D will make you want to kill yourself. (Maybe that's true?)
- •Albert getting hooked on morphine in Little House.And then the fire...
- •Beefsteak CharlieTechnically a commercial, but God, what a creep. Beefsteak Charlie's did have the best birch beer tho.
- •Farrah Fawcett in "the Burning Bed"I wasn't actually allowed to watch it but I stole a few peeks and regretted it. What was I expecting? It's a TV movie called The Burning Bed.
- •Elmer Fudd blowing off Daffy Ducks face with a shotgun.ACME brand anvils and dynamite were fine but no guns.
- •Facts of Life rape episodeThis may just be a fever dream but I've only ever seen the Facts of Life once, as a very small child, and I think this is where I learned what rape was? She was wearing a tuxedo? Ok this was probably a dream, now that I write it out.Suggested by @Jen