PRETTIEST PICTURES FROM MY TRAVELS
In which I self-indulgently ramble on about my travelling through the medium of sub standard iphone photos
- •Morocco has endless beautiful palaces, gardens and architecture. This is the view from the roof of my hostel in Fez, a lone quiet spot in an incredibly hectic city.
- •An old Soviet building in Central Warsaw (affectionately called 'Stalin's Penis' by the locals I was told). I like it because it's how I visualise a lot of 1984's architecture.
- •A slightly grey but nevertheless classically beautiful Prague
- •This is one of the most adorable places I've ever been. It's a little town in the Czech countryside that is untouched by modern architecture. This is the view from the old (and perfectly preserved) castle
- •The Plitvice lakes in Croatia are a stunning vibrant blue (because of some mineral science thing) and eerily clear. If you go to only one place in Europe go here.
- •This is the first city (Bruges) I went to on a solo 5 week trip. This is more sentimental that pretty; I was feeling a bit lonely and scared but this very happy dog guarding the canal made my day.
- •The alps are unbelievably gorgeous in the winter. French food + skiing + perfect scenery is the ideal travel combination.
- •Dublin has lots of pretty things but this library was the prettiest (despite the annoyingly just off-centre picture)
- •Trinidad is an almost perfectly preserved colonial town in the Sancti Spiritus province of Cuba. It's surrounded by mountainous country side where you can hike and go pony trekking.
- •Last is my favourite city: London. It does Christmas better than anywhere else and Bond street is fancy enough to have super classy decorations.